Salesforce Interview Questions
Are you looking for a job? Do you want to give your best in the interviews and convince all the interviewers by showcasing your talents and skills at the right time? If you are searching for the best Salesforce interview questions and answers, then you are in the right place. We have our expert teams of professionals who prepare relevant questions and answers that will help you in cracking an interview and convincing the interviewers easily.
Salesforce is a CRM platform or commonly known customer relationship management platform that is based on clouds help your company to interact with clients and customers who are sitting at their respective homes or workplaces across the globe easily. There is no such industry in the market who is not looking forward to implementing Salesforce team in their business ventures or organizations. Some of the common fields who use Salesforce platform to enhance the experience of getting in touch with the clients and customers are marketing sector, sales sector, commercial sector, service sector, finance sector, and lots more other sectors.
Best Salesforce Interview Questions of 2020
1. What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a CRM delivered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS).
2. What is a custom object in Salesforce?
Custom objects are nothing but database tables. It stores data related to your company in Salesforce.com. Once you have defined a custom object, you can do following things like
- Create custom fields
- Associate the custom object with other records
- In custom related lists, it displays the custom object data
- For custom object, records track events and tasks
- Development of page layouts
- For the custom, object create a custom tab
- To analyze custom object data create dashboards and reports
- Share your custom tabs, custom apps, custom objects, and any other related components
3. What is object relationship overview?
Object relationship overview in Salesforce is used to link custom object records to standard object records in a related list. In simple words, it is helpful to track product defects associated with customer cases. You can define different types of relationship by creating custom relationship fields on an object.
4. What are the reasons for data loss?
Data loss may cause due to the following reasons
- Changing salesforce data and date-time
- Altering to percent, number, and currency from other data types
- Changing from the multi-select picklist, checkbox, the auto number to other types
- Altering to multi-select picklist from any type except picklist
- Changing to auto-number except for a text
- Changing from text-area to e-mail, phone, URL, and text
5. How can SaaS be helpful to Salesforce?
- As SaaS is a subscription-based, customers can always choose not to renew if they are dissatisfied
- Customers can avoid a large initial investment in an IT infrastructure and day to day hustle of maintaining infrastructure
- SaaS customer provides the same provider infrastructure and also easy integration
- SaaS applications use a simple internet interface that makes more accessible for the customer to use.
- SaaS always provide the latest platform to the customer with innovation.
6. How sales force useful in tracking sales?
Salesforce records all the necessary details like the number of customers served daily, daily sales volume, sales manager detailed reports, sales numbers in each month or quarter. Also, it keeps a track on the repeat customer, which is key to success for any sales organization.
7. How many relationships are included in SFDC? What are they?
here are two types of relationships
- Master-detail relationship
- Lookup relationship
8. What the difference between isNull and isBlank?
- isNull: It supports for a number field
- isBlank: It supports for a Text field
9. What is a trigger?
The Trigger is a code that is executed before or after the record is updated or inserted
10. What is the use of the static resource in Salesforce?
11. What is the difference between force.com and Salesforce.com?
Force.com is PaaS (Platform as a Service) while Salesforce.com is SaaS ( Software as a Service).
12. What actions are available in the workflow?
Actions available in the workflow are
- Email Alert
- Field Update
- Outbound Message
13. What is the limit of data.com records that can be added to Salesforce?
User can see their limit form setup, by clicking data.com administration/Users. From the data.com users’ section, the user can see their monthly limit and how many records are exported during the month.
14. What are the different types of custom settings in Salesforce?
Different types of custom settings in Salesforce includes
15. What are the three types of object relations in Salesforce?
Different types of object relations in Salesforce includes
- One to many
- Many to many
16. What are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
Different types of reports available in Salesforce are
- Tabular report: It displays the total in the table form
- Matrix report: It is a detailed report in which the grouping is done based on both rows and columns
- Summary report: It is a detailed form of the report in which the grouping is done based on columns
- Joined report:With these two or more reports can be joined in the single reports
17. What is wrapper class in Salesforce?
A wrapper or container is a data structure, a class type, or an abstract data type which contains multiple collections of objects. It helps in displaying various objects on a visualforce page in a single table.
18. What can cause data loss in Salesforce?
There are many things which can contribute to the data loss in Salesforce. Which includes :
- Migrating to number, per cent, and money, from other data types.
- When you change the date and time
- Migrating to multi-select picklist from any other type but except picklist.
- Moving from Checkbox, auto number,multi-select picklist to any other types.
- Changing text area to phone, URL, email, or text.
19. Explain the three types of objects relations in Salesforce ?
Master-detail, many-to-many, and One-to-many are the three types of object relations in Salesforce.
20. What are the types of reports that we have in Salesforce ?
There are four types of reports that are available in Salesforce which are as follows.
- The tabular report are those which gives us the total in a tabular format.
- Matrix report the format where grouping is done based on columns and rows.
- The summary report which gives us the detail reports based on columns.
- Joined reports which are capable of allowing two or more reports in one report.
21. Can we schedule a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce?
No, we can not do that in Salesforce.
22. What is an Audit trail?
The Audit trail in Salesforce is a unique feature which helps in tracking the changes that have been made in the organization by you and other administrators. It would be helpful for the organization with more administrators. This audit trail shows you the information of twenty most recently made changes in your organization.
Below are the things that you could come to know:
- The date and time.
- Username of who made the changes.
- What the change was.
23. Explain the Salesforce dashboard ?
In Salesforce we use dashboards to represent the data in a pictorial format. Salesforce dashboard is capable of displaying 20 reports at a time.
24. What is the junction object and what is it used for?
Junction objects are mainly used to create a many-to-many relationship in Salesforce. If you consider a recruiting application as an example, you can find a position that is linked to many candidates, and in the same fashion, a candidate can apply for many positions.
25. How does Salesforce track sales details?
Salesforce gives the accurate results of following things such as
- Number of customers served on a daily basis
- Regular sales numbers
- Complete reports from sales Manager.
- Generates sales reports on a timely basis
- It provides the details of repeat customer activity.
26.What are the types of relationships offered by Salesforce?
We have two types of relationships in Salesforce.com which are Master-detail relationships and Lookup relationships.
27. Explain about object relationship overview?
It creates a link between the custom object and standard object recorded in a related list. This is helpful to find the product's defects. Salesforce enables its user to define various types of relationships after creating a custom relationship on a specific object.
28. What are static resources?
29. What are the ways to call the Apex class?
Below mentioned are the ways in Salesforce to call Apex class.
- From another class
- From developer console
- From home page components
- By using trigger
- From visualforce page
30. What is manual sharing?
Manual sharing is a process of granting access to the individual records to the user roles and public groups. This facility is available for record owners, managers, and administrators.
Career scopes and salary scale
Salesforce is just a boon to the business organizations that want to dominate the market with effective sales management software and tools. Candidates who are willing to pursue their career in the field of Salesforce have really great scopes and opportunities that they can just grab by learning our Salesforce Interview questions and answers. With many organizations, onboarding salesforce platform in their company, the job demands in this sector has increased to a significant extent. Freshers who are willing to get into a job as Salesforce engineers are get paid about 80,000 dollars to 90,000 dollars per annum, while the experienced are paid more depending on the last withdrawn package, skills, and talents they possess.
With the help of our Salesforce interview questions and answers, it becomes easier for an individual to learn how to crack the interviews easily. If you have any further query regarding Salesforce and its implementation in the market, you can get in touch with our representative experts who will answer all your queries and clear all your doubts within minutes.