SEO Interview Questions
Cracking an interview has never been so easier previously, especially when you have the right knowledge and expertise to crack it. If you want to shock your interviewer by answering all the SEO interview questions perfectly, then follow our questions and answers. All the questions and answers that we make are scrutinized by the best experts and professionals who are working in this field for a very long time. Enhance your knowledge database with our given answers to all the SEO interview questions.
SEO or search engine optimization is a process of enhancing the quality as well as the quality of the contents uploaded in the website in order to attract a lot of traffic and earn huge amount of profits out of it. The motive of using SEO on a website to improve the visibility of the domain in the search results of a web engine. It also refers to the enhancement in the unpaid outcomes and excludes all the purchases of paid placements. Nowadays, with the enhancement of technology in the current market, people are relying on SEO to make a website and dominate the market.
Best SEO Interview Questions of 2020
1. What is SEO?
Search engine optimization or SEO is a process of keep changing the position of a web page or website in a search engine results by using keywords or phrases.
2. What are the important types of SEO methods?
Two Types of SEO are:
- On Page Optimization
- Off Page Optimization
3. What are the SEO tools do you use?
The SEO tools that I use are Google analytic, Keyword Planner, Alexa, open site explorer, Google Webmaster.
4. What do you mean by Backlink?
The incoming links to your website or webpage are referred to as Backlink. It is also called as an inbound link.
5. What are outbound Links?
The outbound links are Links, from your website to another webpage or website.
6. Explain Googlebot
To index and update a webpage Google uses the Googlebot (Web Spider). Caching, Crawling and indexing of a webpage are done through Googlebot by collecting details from that webpage.
7. What is Cross-linking? What is the function of Crosslinking?
- Cross-linking is the process of linking one site to another site.
- It provides users with reference sites that contain the content related to the search.
- The 2 websites cross-linking do not be owned by the same person.
- In other words, cross-linking is a barter wherein I link to you, and you link to me.
- It could be a 2-way link or 3-way link. In a 2-way link site A links to site B and site B links to site A. In a
- 3-way link, site A links to site B, site B links to site C and site C links to site A.
7. What is the main purpose of using keyword in SEO?
A keyword is a single word, and while a combination of those keywords makes phrases. These keywords or phrases are used by the search engines to populate the subjects over the internet. Search engine stores keywords in the database, and when a search is done, it will come up with the best possible match.
9. Explain body content relevance
Whenever there is a text that does not have images on the web page is referred to as body content relevance or non-image text. It helps in good optimization of the sites and also to improve your ranking in the search engine.
10. Explain Spiders, Robots, and Crawlers
Spiders, robot and crawler, they are all the same and referred by different names. It is a software program that follows or “Crawls” various links throughout the internet, and then grabs the content from the sites and adds to the search engine indexes.
11. What does it mean if nothing appears while searching for the domain?
On searching for your domain and if nothing appears, then there are three possibilities.
- Maybe the site is banned by search engines
- Maybe no index by search engines
- Some canonical issues
12. What is keyword stemming?
The process of finding out new keywords from the root keyword from the search query is referred to as keywords stemming. Adding a prefix, suffix, or pluralization can be used to create the new keyword.
13. Name some SEO blogs that help you to enhance your content marketing strategies
- Google Webmaster Central
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Journal
14. How many characters limits in & Meta Description tag?
We can add 70 characters in a title tag and 222 characters in the Meta Description tag. Though Google now places a pixel limit.
15. What is Google Sandbox?
Google sandbox is an imaginary area where new websites and their search rating are put on hold until they prove worthy for ranking. In other words, it checks the standard of the website.
16. What is Black Hat SEO
In order to get a high ranking in SEO search engine result page, websites go for various methods and techniques which are characterized by two categories. One method that is acceptable by search engine guidelines is known as White Hat SEO, while the other method which is not acceptable by search engine guidelines is known as Black Hat SEO.
17. What are some famous Black Hat SEO techniques?
- Link Farming
- Hidden text, etc.
- Gateway or Doorway pages
- Keyword Stuffing
18. State the difference between ‘nofollow’ and ‘dofollow’ link
Nofollow links do not pass Link juice and have no impact on Google Ranking Algorithm. Dofollow link passes link juice and has an impact on Google Ranking Algorithm.
19. What is the difference between PR (page rank) and SERP (Search engine result page)
Page rank is calculated on the basis of quality inbound links from other website or webpages to our webpage or a website.
SERP (Search Engine Result page) is the placement of the website or web-pages which is returned by the search engine after a search query or attribute.
20. Why is Title Tag on Website valuable?
Title tags are essential in SEO, as it tells about the contents on that web page. Through title tags only the search engine will notify the user, what is there in the page.
21. What is considered as more significant, creating content or building backlinks?
Both are necessary for creating quality content is equally important to building backlinks. Although link building is useful in building authority to a site and for ranking as well, quality content is the first element that is considered to be more responsible for ranking.
22. What are the differences between SEO and SEM?
SEM (Search Engine Marketing), it is used for the promotion of website through paid advertising by increasing their visibility in Search Engine Result Page (SERP) in the Ads section. While SEO is optimizing the site to increase the organic ranking of a site.
23. Explain the term LSI
LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing. This technique is established to obtain the data by relating the word to its closest counterparts or its similar context. For example, if you are searching for something with a keyword “CAR” it will show all the related things like classic cars, car auctions, Bentley car, car race, etc.
24. What is the meaning of competitive analysis?
Competitive analysis does the comparison, between the website I am optimizing, and the website that is ranked highly in search results.
25. What will be your next steps if your SEO methods or technique does not work?
My first attempt would to try analysis the problem and resolve them step by step
- Firstly I would try to see whether it is a new project, and then like to re-check the keywords.
- Also, I would look for relevant keywords that can be helpful.
- Even though the webpage and website have been indexed well and still not appearing on the first 10 pages of search engine result page, then I would make some changes in page text, titles, and description.
- If the website is not indexed well or dropped from the index, then it might comprise serious issues, and re-work might be required.
26. What do you mean by 301 redirects?
A 301 redirect is a process of reporting web browsers and search engines that a web page or site has been permanently moved to a new location. A 301 redirect includes the address to which the resource has been moved.
27. What is 301 redirect?
It is a method by which the user is redirected to new page url to old page url. It is a permanent redirect, and it is also useful in directing link juice to new url from old url.
- Use external style sheets
- Use fewer images
- Optimize images and reduce the file size without affecting the quality of the image
- 0Use CSS sprites to reduce HTTP request etc.
28. What is robots.txt?
Robots.txt is a text file which is used to provide instructions to the search engine crawlers. The instruction is on the indexing and caching of a web page, domain, directory or a file of a website.
29. What is the latest update in SEO?
The latest updates in SEO are:
30. What are the key aspects of the Panda update?
Panda is to improve the search on Google. The latest version has focused on quality content, proper design, proper speed, proper use of images and many more.
Career scopes and salary scale
With about 55 million of sites present in the market in all forms of industries, there are many scopes for the candidates who are willing to pursue their career in SEO. If you have the right skill and expertise in writing contents for websites, then nobody can stop you from earning lakhs of money per month in this specific field. For a fresher who is willing to start his or her career in the SEO market can make up to 50,000 dollars per annum., while for an experienced candidate, it depends on the experience he or she possesses, however, he or she also has a scope to earn up to 140,000 dollars per annum.
SEO is considered to be one of the best industries in the present day to invest your time and earn a lot of money easily. However, cracking SEO interview questions is difficult. Therefore, we have come up with some interesting questions and answers that will help you in cracking the interviews easily.