Java programming language was at first build-up by Sun Microsystems which was begin by James Gosling and launched in 1995 as a core constituent of Sun Microsystems' Java platform (Java 1.0 [J2SE]).
The latest announcement of the Java Standard Edition is Java SE 8. With the progress of Java and its extensive status, multiple configurations were developed to suit a variety of types of platforms. For example J2EE for Enterprise Applications, J2ME for Mobile Applications.
The original J2 versions were renamed as Java SE, Java EE, and Java ME correspondingly. Java is certain to be Write Once, Run Anywhere.
- Object-Oriented − In Java, all is an Object. Java without difficulty can be extended as it is based on the Object model.
- Platform Independent - Unlike numerous other programming languages counting C and C++, whilst Java is compiled, it is never compiled into platform exact machine, rather keen on platform sovereign byte code. This byte code is dealt out over the web and inferred by the Virtual Machine (JVM) on either platform it is being run on.
- Simple - Java is intended to be simple to learn. If you appreciate the fundamental concept of OOP Java, it would be effortless to master.
- Secure - With Java's protected feature, it facilitates the expansion of virus-free, tamper-free systems. Confirmation systems are based on public-key encryption.
- Architecture-neutral - Java compiler produces an architecture-neutral object file format, which creates the compiled code executable on lots of processors, with the attendance of Java runtime system.
- Portable - Being architecture-neutral and possessing no execution-dependent features of the condition makes Java moveable. Compiler in Java is written in ANSI C with a spotless portability border, which is a POSIX subset.
- Robust - Java constructs an endeavor to get rid of error-prone circumstances by emphasizing largely on compile-time error inspection and runtime checking.
- Multithreaded - With Java's multithreaded characteristic it is the potential to write programs that can perform numerous tasks concurrently. This design feature permits the developers to make interactive applications that can run effortlessly.
- Interpreted - Java byte code is interpreted on the fly to local machine training and is not stored anywhere. The expansion process is more quick and logical since the linking is an incremental and lightweight process.
- High Performance - With the employ of Just-In-Time compilers, Java facilitates high presentation.
- Distributed - Java is planned for the share out surroundings of the internet.
- Dynamic - Java is believed to be extra dynamic than C or C++ because it is intended to get a feel for an embryonic environment. Java programs can take an extensive quantity of run-time information that can be utilized to verify and decide accesses to objects on run-time.
History of Java
James Gosling started Java language development in June 1991 for employment in one of his various set-top box plans. The language, firstly called ‘Oak’ following an oak tree that stood exterior Gosling's office, also goes by the name ‘Green’ and ended up later being renamed as Java, from a list of haphazard words.
Sun launched the primary public completion as Java 1.0 in 1995. It promised Write Once, Run wherever (WORA), supporting no-cost run-times on accepted platforms.
On 13 November 2006, Sun released a great deal of Java as gratis and open source software in the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
On 8 May 2007, Sun ended the procedure, creation every of Java's core code free and open-source, sideways from a little piece of code to that Sun did not hold the patent.
For performing the instances argued in this tutorial, you will require a Pentium 200-MHz computer with a minimum of 64 MB of RAM (128 MB of RAM recommended)
You will also call for the subsequent software −
Linux 7.1 or Windows xp/7/8 operating system
Java JDK 8
Microsoft Notepad or any other text editor
This tutorial will supply the essential skills to generate GUI, networking, and web applications using Java.