JDK 10 launch has removed some deprecated API’S, attributes, and options from the java library. Below are the related details.
- Unsupported LookAndFeels removed − Applications making use of Nimbus or Aqua LookAndFeels have to relocate to the new syntax.
Nimbus- existing code
Nimbus- new code
Aqua- Existing code
Aqua- new code
- Runtime.getLocalizedInputStream and getLocalizedOutputStream Ways removed − Runtime.getLocalizedInputStream and getLocalizedOutputStream ways are not available now as they were portion of an outdated internationalization mechanism.
- RMI Server-Side Multiplex Protocol Support removed − RMI Server-Side Multiplex Protocol was paraplegic in Java 9 and is detached in Java 10.
- FlatProfiler removed − FlatProfiler was deprecated in Java 9 and is detached in Java 10.
- Obsolete -X Options removed − -Xoss, -Xsqnopause, -Xoptimize, -Xboundthreads, and -Xusealtsigs, obsolete Hotspot VM options are detached in java 10.
- HostServicesgetWebContext Method removed − HostServicesgetWebContext Method was deprecated in Java 9 and is detached in Java 10.
- T2K Rasterizer and ICU Layout Engine removed − T2K rasterizer and ICU layout engine have been detached from JavaFX.
- VP6/FXM/FLV Code removed − P6 video encoding format and FXM/FLV container support have been detached in JavaFX Media. H.264/AVC1 in the MP4 container or HTTP Live Streaming is to make use instead.
- Pre-1.2 SecurityManager Methods and Fields removed − The pre-1.2 deprecated java.lang.SecurityManager ways and fields(marked forRemoval=true) have been detached.
- policytool removed − The policytool security tool has been detached.
- Deprecated Classes in com.sun.security.auth.** detached
Deprecated classes are removed are given below:
- Old(JDK 6, JDK 7, and JDK 8 Era) Standard Doclet removed − The old (JDK 6, JDK 7 and JDK 8 era) standard doclet, used to output HTML content, and are superseded by a substitution, has been detached.
- javah tool removed − The Native-Header Generation Tool, javah has been detached.
- Java Launcher's Data Model Options -d32 and -d64 removed. − The obsolete and deprecated selection options (-d32, -d64, -J-d32 and -J-d64) have been removed.