Java 14 is the main function launch and it has introduced many JVM unique modifications and language particular modifications to JAVA. It accompanied the Java launch cadence, added Java 10 onwards and it became released on 17 Mar 2020, simply six months after Java 13 launch.
Java 14 is a non-LTS launch.
Following are the most important new functions that are added in Java 14.
- JEP 361 − Switch Expressions − Now a general function permitting transfer to apply go-back values through yield.
- JEP 368 − Text Blocks − A second preview function to address multiline strings like JSON, XML easily.
- JEP 305 − Pattern matching for instanceOf − instanceOf operator improved to hold a predicate.
- JEP 358 − NullPointerException message − NullPointerException now can send specific messages.
- JEP 359 − Records − A preview function introducing a new type of record.
- JEP 343 − Packaging Tool − New packager primarily based totally on javapackager added.
- JEP 345 − NUMA aware G1 − G1 garbage collector is now NUMA aware.
- JEP 349 − JFR Event Streaming − The package jdk.jfr.consumer, in module jdk.jfr, is improved to join activities asynchronously.
- JEP 352 − Non-Volatile Mapped Byte Buffers − New File mapping modes introduced to consult Non-Volatile Memory, NVM.
- JEP 363 − CMS Garbage Collector Removed − Concurrent Mark Sweep (CMS) Garbage Collector deprecated in Java 9 is removed.
- JEP 347 − Pack200 Tools and API Removed − pack200 and unpack200 tools, and the Pack200 API from java.util.jar are removed.
- JEP 370 − Foreign-Memory Access API − A new API to get the right of entry to overseas reminiscence outside of heap space.
Java 14 improved numerous APIs with new techniques and options.