Even if you come from a non-programming background, Python is easy to pick-up. You can simply have a look at the code and identify what's going on. To speak of the Python applications, some of the best things that one can do with Python are -
- Building up of a website
- Developing a game
- Performing Computer Vision (Facilities such as color and face-detection)
- Implementation of Machine Learning (Providing a computer with the ability to learn)
- Enabling Robotics
- Performing the Web Scraping (Harvesting of data from the websites)
- Performing Data Analysis
- Automating the web browser
- Performing the Scripting
- Performing of the Scientific Computing
- Building Artificial Intelligence
Python isn't simply limited to such applications. If you've ever utilized the services from brands such as Dropbox, YouTube, and Netflix, then you are certainly a consumer of Python. The search-engine Google which has widespread usage and applications also made great usage of the Python language during its initial stages.
While writing code in Python, one requires fewer lines of code as compared to programming languages like Java. Python is a high-level programming language and is also open-source as well as free. As per the TIOBE Index, Python is amongst some of the major programming languages showcasing the fastest growth. This, in turn, makes a career in Python a great option. In order to make it more clear we have further discussed how Python is different from the various other programming languages like C++ or Java. If you are just a beginner and aspire to make your career in Python then you should know why Python is in demand.
Python is an open-source programming language recognized as interpreted, high-level scripting language, which is considered as object-oriented and interactive programming system. It is also known for organized scripting language, which is extremely legible and readable. The respective programming language applies English keywords, punctuations and syntax. However, other programming languages are commonly use only punctuations from the English language. Further, Python has less syntactical artifacts in comparison also.
- Python is Interpreted - Python is operated at run time by the translator. An individual does not require to compile your program ahead executing it. This is related to PERL and PHP.
- Python is Interactive - You can really sit at a Python expedite and move with the interpreter immediately to write the programs.
- Python is Object-Oriented - Python renders Object-Oriented style or methodology of programming that shuts in code inside objects.
- Python is a Beginner's Language - Python is an outstanding language for the tyro-level programmers and renders the development of a broad range of applications from plain text processing to internet browsers to games.
History of Python
Python is the brainchild of Mr. Guido van Rossum developed during in-between 80s' and 90s' at the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Netherlands.
Python is reasoned from various other languages, consisting of ABC, C, C++, Algol-68, SmallTalk, Unix shell, Modula-3, and other scripting languages.
Python is copyrighted. Resembling to Perl, Python source code is presently accessible insubordinate to the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Mr. Guido van Rossum has a vital role in directing its advancement, yet Python is currently legislated by a core development team by the institute.
- Easy-to-learn- Python has limited keywords, simplex structure, and a clearly described syntax. This authorizes the users to select the language rapidly.
- Easy-to-read - Python code is much clearly described and visual to the eyes.
- Easy-to-maintain - Python is known for its fairly easy-to-maintain source code.
- A broad standard library - Python's largest library is very outboard and cross-platform harmonious on UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh.
- Interactive Mode - Python has rendered for a reciprocal mode which authorizes the reciprocal testing and debugging of snipping of code.
- Portable - Python can score on a broad variety of hardware platforms and has the aforesaid interface on each platform.
- Extendable - You can syndrome low-level faculty to the Python translator. These abilities change programmers to syndrome to or customize their tools to be more cost-effective.
- Databases - Python is one of the programming languages known for equipping interfaces to most of the commercial databases.
- GUI Programming - Python activities GUI applications that can be made and ported to numerous system calls, libraries and windows systems, such as Windows MFC, the X Window system of Unix, and Macintosh.
- Scalable - Python offers a better artifact and render for large programs than shell scripting.
Besides these features, Python has a never-ending list of quality features, some are listed below -
- It renders functional and designed programming methods and OOP.
- It can be utilized as a scripting language along with compiling to byte-code for constructing large applications.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and renders dynamic type checking.
- It renders automatic garbage assembling.
- It can be simply integrated with ActiveX, CORBA, C, C++, COM, and Java.
File Extensions in Python
- .py- This is the normal Python source file extension
- .pyc- Compiled bytecode
- .pyd- Windows DLL file
- .pyo- A file created along with optimizations
- .pyw- Python script for Windows
- .pyz- Python script archive
Here at Intellinuts, we have created a complete Python tutorial for Beginners to get started in Python.